Tuesday 15 November 2011

Fus Doh Rah all.

Well everyone. I have gotten Skyrim over the weekend, and I have to say that I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Its not the perfect game by any means but its immersive, fun and challenging most of the time with few qualms on my side. From the nigh in endless amount of sidequests to the lore and story of the game its a solid experience. When you see two small squads of soldiers battle it out for control of a crossroads it shows that your not the only one doing anything in the land. And when you see these 2 groups temporarily make a truce to fight a damn great Dragon, you definately can see the world is much more alive than Oblivion, or any of the fallouts. No problems with level scaling for me, you won't be able to kill a giant at level one without tonnes of preparation and there are no bandits trying to mug you with glass or daedric armour and enchanted weapons. I don't mind the slimming down of skills as its done in an intelligent way. And Bounty and crime has been fixed from Oblivion. My only real problem with this game is the fact that they added sprinting but neglected sprint jumping. So many deaths have been the outcome from my " cinematic" moments of trying to sprint anddive off a cliff into a lake only to sprint off the edge of the cliff and fall to my death scant metres short.

No comments:

Post a Comment